It’s tax season! Avoid becoming a victim of tax identity theft
Better Business Bureau (BBB) urges consumers to be smart during tax identity theft awareness week
It’s that time of year again. Over the next few weeks, W-2 forms will show up at your work desk or in your mail. And while the thought of a hefty tax return could be a happy one, the consequences of filing your taxes the wrong way is not.
This week is Tax Identity Theft Awareness Week, and your Better Business Bureau serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin along with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) encourages taxpayers to take time and use caution when selecting a tax preparer you can trust. It’s important to avoid mistakes that could result in additional fees, or even tax identity theft. That happens when someone uses your Social Security number to get a tax refund, or even a job.
According to the FTC’s 2013 Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book, statistics show tax identity theft accounted for over 30 percent of all identity theft complaints.
According to the FTC, tax identity thieves get your personal information in a number of ways, including: going through your trash or mailbox; through emails asking for information, which appears to come from the IRS; employees at hospitals, nursing homes, banks and other businesses stealing data; and phony or dishonest tax preparers misusing confidential information or passing it along to identity thieves.
To lessen the chances of becoming a victim of tax identity theft, the FTC has the following advice:
- File your tax return early. Do it before identity thieves have a chance to steal your information.
- Use a secure internet connection. If you file your return electronically, don’t use unsecure, publicly available Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Shred documents. This includes copies of your tax return, drafts, or calculation sheets you no longer need.
- Check your credit report. Do it at least once a year for free at annualcreditreport.com to make sure no other accounts have been opened in your name.
Additionally, BBB offers the following advice for taxpayers looking for a tax preparer:
- Get references and do your research. Get referrals from friends and family on who they use and check out the company first at bbb.org to see its BBB Business Review for details about complaints, customer reviews and any advertising-related concerns.
- Look for credentials. Ideally, your tax preparer should either be a certified public accountant, a tax attorney or an enrolled agent. All three can represent you before the IRS in all matters, including an audit.
- Don’t fall for the promise of a big refund. Be wary of any tax preparation service promising larger refunds than the competition. Avoid any tax preparer who bases their fee on a percentage of the refund.
- Think about accessibility. Many tax preparation services only set up shop for the months leading up to April 15. In case the IRS finds errors, or in case of an audit, make sure you are able to contact you tax preparer at any time of the year.
- Read the contract carefully. Read tax preparation service contracts closely to ensure you understand issues such as how much it is going to cost for the service, how the cost will be affected if preparation is more complicated and time consuming than expected and whether the tax preparer will represent you in the case of an audit.
- Ask Around. Find BBB accredited tax preparation businesses in your local area. There are over 300 BBB accredited tax preparation businesses serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin. Check out bbb.org to find a BBB accredited tax preparation business near you.
Access Control systems are about more than monitoring doors; they are an integral part of any security system and give users a convenient platform to manage their facilities. Traditional keys cannot track who or when people are accessing your building, and when keys go missing rekeying locks can be extremely expensive. Keyscan Access Control systems solve all of these problems and many more, including:
- performing a facility or area lock down from any PC or Keyscan reader
- bringing motion detectors, glass breaks, door contacts, panic buttons into Keyscan to track and assign alarm conditions from a single interface
- calling up live video in the event of an alarm
- arming or disarming an intrusion panel via the access control system
- triggering a wide range of devices using Keyscan auxiliary relay outputs to trip such items as sirens or strobes all based on certain events/conditions
- creating a map with active icons to annunciate system status, control doors, call up video, show employee photos as they pass through protected doors, and much more
- run a myriad of custom reports when you need to know who accessed what area and when
Bug Detection Devices to Protect your Business
Today’s technology grows by leaps and bounds, which can be good for business, but can also increase your threat of security breaches from employees as well as those from the outside. When your sensitive information or intellectual property is compromised or stolen, your entire business could be at risk. In order to prevent this from occurring, the professionals at Dyezz offer quality bug detection services to protect your business. We help to eliminate the risk of sophisticated eavesdropping that can be done with the high tech equipment and bugging devices that pose a threat to businesses today.
Let the professionals at Dyezz protect your privacy through the use of our bug detection and bug sweeping services. This method, which is also known as Technical Security Countermeasures (TSCM), can help to detect and neutralize any security threats that your business faces.
Our detection techniques are carefully designed to not only detect, but also neutralize many different technologies that are used to obtain access to your business information. We offer the most thorough and effective services to help you ensure that your business is protected.
Consult with our professionals to determine just how your business at risk. We offer the highest level of discretion and the highest quality bug sweeping devices to help you quickly and efficiently identify and remove any privacy threats. A few of the devices that our professionals can effectively sweep your premises for include unauthorized cameras, GPS tracking, audio surveillance and phone tapping.
Once we help you to ensure that your business is free from any type of security threat, we work side-by-side with you to help you determine how to prevent your privacy from being violated in the future. It is our goal to work with you to help make your business safe and profitable, free from the risks of security threats through the use of our bug detection devices and services.
Examples of detection services we offer include:
• Camera placement
• GPS tracking
• Audio surveillance
• Body wires
• Phone tapping
Contact us for a comprehensive security risk consultation. Discretion is priority—we will swiftly identify and remove any privacy threats. Our trained security professionals will educate you on preventative measures to reduce the likelihood of privacy compromise in the future.
Austin one of the most dangerous cities to own property
AUSTIN — Another day, another list the city of Austin, Texas.
Austin landed on the list for the 20 most dangerous cities to own property in the United States. The study, sponsored by badcredit.org, analyzed information collected by the FBI.
It found Austin is the 12th worst city when it comes to property crimes like burglaries and auto theft.
Here are the statistics of property crime in Austin:
Property crimes: 41,667
Motor vehicle thefts: 2,169
“Austin, Texas might have high rates of property crimes well over national averages, but aside from that, it’s generally a very agreeable place to live,” according to the study.
The study determined New York City to be the place where you’re most at risk. A Texas city was not far behind from the Big Apple. Houston placed second on the list.
Below is the complete list of the 20 most dangerous cities to own property in the U.S.:
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- San Antonio
- San Francisco
- Las Vegas
- Fort Worth
- Oklahoma City
- San Diego
Embedded Video Support
1) How do I playback footage?
Connect to the DVR via the Remote Desktop icon on your desktop right click will bring up a menu
Click the main menu (first button) then click search (looks like a magnifying glass).
Under search you’ll have Event Search and Time Search
Click Time Search
Click the date on the calender that you want to search. Anything that’s boxed in white are the days you will be able to review.
Enter the time frame. The first set of 00’s are for hours, followed by minutes, then seconds. Once time is chosen, hit the “ok” button.
By default, it goes to one screen. To view multi screens, hit the multi screens (looks like small squares).
2) How do I backup/copy footage?
Right click to close the menu
Right click to open the main menu, click the menu button (first button) click backup (looks like a diskette)
In the from, enter the Year/Month/Day and Hour:Minute:second of when the incident occurred
In the To, enter the Year/Month/Day and Hour:Minute:second of when the incident ended
Under device, you can select CD/DVD, USB or PC
Select the device you would like to use, then select where you want to save the backup
Click Calculate which will tell you how much space is required for the backup and how much free space you have on your media
3) How do I log in using an Android Phone/Tablet?
Go to the app/market store, search and download “iwatchdvr”.
Once app is downloaded, enter following information:
DVR: Whatever name you want for the DVR
Address: _______ .dyezz.net (address provided during installation).
User: your user name
Password: your password
Make sure to choose h.264.Hit “save” and it will save the information.
Now click on the newly saved DVR and it will connect you.
4) How do I log in using an Iphone/Ipad?
You will need go to the App Store and search/download “IP Cam Viewer Pro NibblesnBits”.
If there is any confusion with the apps, being as there are many IP Cam Viewers, just make sure you have the one by Nibblesnbits and is by a developer named Robert Chou.
This is the paid version which is $3.99. The free version is for Android only.
Download and install the app.
Once downloaded, please open the program.
Hit the “Add” button.
Choose “IP Camera, DVR, NVR”
Enter the following:
Make: Yoko Tech
Model: Yoko Tech IV-R0422. (It will be the first one on top)
Http Port: 81
User: your user name
Password: your password
You have to add each camera individually so just change the Name and CH#.
Click on “Add”
This time just change the Name and CH#.
Name: Camera 2
Do this until the last channel/camera.
Once all the cameras have been added, hit the back button and you will now be able to see all of the cameras.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 512.331.2788.
5) How do I log into my cameras using a MAC?
Open up Safari and type in your Dyezz.net i.e. http://test.dyezz.net:81
Enter your user name and password
There will be a few options on the upper left corner
Click on the “Download DVR Remote Desktop (Mac OS X 10.6 or above)”
NOTE: You have to have 10.6 or above for the program to work.
Open up the program and enter your credentials.
IP/Host Address: ___________.dyezz.net
User Name: Your user name
Password: Your password
Click on Connect.
At Dyezz, we’re committed to bringing you the best surveillance options and service available. With offices in Dallas, San Antonio, El Paso, and our central headquarters located in Austin, you can find us in virtually any city across Texas, and as our company grows, so will the number of areas we serve. Check out the list below for a comprehensive view of our service areas. Click on a map to learn more about Dyezz Surveillance in your city, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about surveillance in your area.
- Austin (Corporate Headquarters)
- San Antonio
- El Paso
Honeywell Home Security Systems
Protection and Peace of Mind
Honeywell’s LYNX Touch 5200 all-in-one home and business control system features a bright, 4.7″ full-color touchscreen with graphic icons and intuitive prompts for easy operation. It features live video on demand, Z-Wave® automation capabilities, advanced alarm communications, garage door notification and control, tornado alerts, and remote software upgradeability.
The Z-Wave connectivity module lets Dyezz integrate security, lighting, locks, thermostats, water valves and more – for localand remote control. With Honeywell Total Connect™ Remote Services, users can control security, thermostats, lighting, locks, receive alerts and more with most smartphones, tablets and computers.
Well Monitored Home Automation Well Protected Control Locks Theft Protection Control Lighting
Real-time Video Schedule Events Home Security From Home/Away Make the Smart Move Automate them too…
Honeywell Lynx 5100
Honeywell Home Controls
Honeywell Remote Security
Honeywell Access Controls
Honeywell Home Security
Honeywell Video Security
Honeywell Lynx Touch
Honeywell Tuxedo Touch
Honeywell Indoor Sensors
Honeywell Outdoor Sensors
Honeywell Environmental Sensors
Honeywell Theft Prevention
Honeywell Home Automation
Honeywell Scenes and Schedules
Honeywell Camera Automation
Honeywell Shades Automation
Honeywell Ceiling Fan Automation
Honeywell Home Entertainment
Honeywell Energy Management
Honeywell Ceiling Fans
Honeywell Scenes & Schedules
|At Dyezz Surveillance, we offer top quality equipment to ensure complete security. We utilize both 2GiG, GE, GE SIMON, Honeywell, Ademco, SIMON XT, Paradox, and DSCAlarm Systems that also allow for a variety of other security functions such has Remote Viewing/Remote Monitoring so you can view your home or business from any Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer; Control your Thermostat, Lock/Unlock your doors remotely, ARM/DisARM your Alarm remotely, Turn on/off your lights or any other Z-wave compatible devices remotely.|
Order Alibi Security Cameras from Dyezz
The Alibi brand is proof that simple can also be smart. Alibi delivers the latest in analog and IP technology—with an innovative line of security cameras, video recorders, and surveillance systems. Feature-rich Alibi products are designed to provide customers with cost-effective surveillance solutions that are easy-to-operate—and meet a range of application and budget requirements.
Dyezz Surveillance & Security, Inc. can provide you with A+ Alibi Video Surveillance and Security Camera Systems, Top Rated Installation and 24/7 Support, and we can service your current Alibi Security System as well.